Hornet is a mid-sized Assault Weapon System used by Centurion team-member Jake Rockwell. The system is composed of a helicopter backpack mechanism with an integrated protective canopy, a set of two Sonic Thrusters, and two heavy-duty landing skids. Armament is provided in the form of a variable nose-mounted Laser Gun with a 180º forward-firing arc, a rotating chest-mounted Freeze Ray Cannon, and four Sidewinder Missiles. Fire control is provided by two Target Sensors.
- Pressing a button on the Back Pack Lifting Module will drive both the helicopter rotor mechanism and the rear Chest Shaft plug.
- Rotating the Chest Shaft will turn a set of gears in the Chest Pack Control Unit that will in turn rotate the Freeze Ray Cannon.
- The instructions confusingly refer to the two green, cylindrical attachments as both "Sonic Thrusters" and "Target Sensors"... even though the real world object they most closely resemble is a rocket pod.
- Hornet's helicopter backpack is not compatible with the Power Pack.
- This Weapon System was called "Avispón" (Hornet) in the Latin American dub of the cartoon series.
- Max Ray used this Weapon System in the Episodes "To Dare Dominion (Part II)" and "Day of the Animals".
|Max Ray||Cruiser | Tidal Blast | Sea Bat | Depth Charger|
|Jake Rockwell||Fireforce | Wild Weasel | Hornet | Swingshot | Detonator | Awesome Auger | Power Pack|
|Ace McCloud||Sky Knight | Orbital Interceptor | Skybolt|